Files exported from Tally, are very important for users of Tally on Cloud. It is important that exported files should reach their desktop as soon as they are exported from Tally on Cloud. To do this we need to make sure our Google Drive Account Configuration is properly done.
Important Note :
- To get exported files on desktop, your Tally users need to have Google Drive Account configured on their desktop.
- You can configure Main Google Drive account (The One Configured on Tally on Cloud Server), on Tally user's desktop. But in that case they will have access to all the Data Files related to Tally as well.
- It is recommended that you have separate User Google Drive Account for all Your Tally Users. This will enable Your Tally Users to see only locations that are shared from Main Google Drive Account and not all other Data Locations.
Working with Separate Google Drive Account for Your Tally Users :
- From your main Google Drive Account share Export and PDF Folders to the one created for all users to get their Exported files. (See image below)
- Open your Main Google Drive Account in Web Browser and select folders that you want to share with other Google Drive Account for Your Tally Users.
- Right Click with mouse and select "Share" option.
- On the next screen type the name of Google Account, that is created for Your Tally Users. (See image below)
- Now open your User's Google Drive Account to see shared folders. (See image below)
- Congratulations !!! you have successfully created and setup a Separate Google Drive Account for Your Tally Users.
- Now you can setup This Google Drive Account in all Tally Users Desktop by installing Google Drive Client in their Windows PC.
Exporting Your Files from Tally on Cloud :
- Exporting files from Tally on Cloud is done in same way as you do it in your Tally ERP9 on your Desktop.
- You need to make sure that you select right Export Destination as "C:\Export"
- In below example, we will export a file, from Tally on Cloud, to "C:\Export" (Not Case-Sensitive).
- This file will go to your Main Google Drive Account. (See Image Below)
- You can see the file Accounting Voucher.xlsx in Export Folder Here. (See image below)
- Now since the exported file is available in Main Google Drive
- And since Export Location is shared with Separate Google Drive Account for your Tally users.
- All the users will get the file on their desktop, who has configured Tally Users Google Drive Account.
- Note : You can also have separate Google Drive Accounts for all users, so that they get files exported by them only.
Exporting files from Tally on Cloud
Where on desktop are your exported files