Note:- This document will guide you for How to Migrate Microsoft Outlook Data and Contacts to Mozilla Thunderbird in Enjay Tiguin Linux.
Outlook Data (.pst) Backup:-
- You Can see here my outlook mailbox.
- Also there are so many sub-folders in my mailbox.
- Go to Tools => Click on Account Settings.
- Click on Data Files Tab.
- Select your Mail ID Data Path
- Click on Open Folder.
Close Your Outlook other wise your data (.pst) will not copy properly.
- You can see here my Outlook pst size is 1.7 G.B.
- Copy your pst file to your Backup.
Outlook Contacts Backup:-
- Start your Outlook and go to File => Click on Import and Export.
- Select Export to a File and click on Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values and click on Next.
- Select Contacts and click on Next.
- Click on Browse Button.
- Click on Documents.
- Type contact in File Name and click on OK.
- Click on Next Button.
- Click on Finish Button.
- Go to Documents and copy contact.csv file to your backup.
Update Thunderbird Migration Tool in Tiguin:-
- Go to Main Menu => System Tools => Tiguin Update Manager.
- Select Thunderbird-Tool and click on Apply.
- After Installing the update close Update Manager.
Email Account Configuration:-
- Go to Main Menu => Internet Thunderbird Mail.
- Click on Skip this and use my existing email.
- Enter Your Name, Email Address and Password.
Enter only that Email Address which backup you want to restore, if you will use different email address then your backup will not restore.
- My Domain is in Gmail account so it have auto detected.
- If you have other domain then click on Manual Config.
- Enter your Incoming, Outgoing server details, Port, SSL, Authentication and click on Done.
- Now you can see here my email account is configured in Thundebird.
Outlook Data Migration to Thunderbird:-
- Copy your .pst file and .csv file to Desktop from your Backup.
- Right click on.pst file and click on Rename.
- Change your pst file name as Outlook.pst and click on OK.
- Go to Main Menu => Internet => Thunderbird Migration Tool.
- Check mark on E-mail Migration.
- Click on Browse Icon.
- Click on Desktop select Outlook.pst and click on Open.
- Check mark on Contact Migration.
- Click on Browse Icon.
- Click on Desktop select contact.csv and click on Open.
- Click on Apply.
- Now you can see here your Data Migration process is running so please wait.
- My Outlook.pst file size is 1.7 G.B. so it have took 35 minutes for migration process.
- Now you can see here you data migration process is completed successfully.
- Please read the instruction and close.
- Now you can see here my all email and sub-folders is available in y mailbox.
Import Contacts in Address Book:-
- Click on Address Book.
- Go to Tools and click on Import.
- Select Address Books and click on Next.
- Select Text File and click on Next.
Don't select your contact.csv from Desktop because we have already migrated it to Migrated.csv.
- Click on your profile folder in Places.
- Double click on Thunderbird.
- Change LDIF File type to Comma Separated.
- Select Migration.csv and clock on Open.
- Click on OK.
- Click on Finish.
- Now you can see here my all contacts is Imported.