This article will help you to configure XRDP in ubuntu for connecting RDP from any other RDP Client.
These steps will allow you to access a Desktop GUI for you Ubuntu using Remote Desktop or other RDP thin client.
1. Update the Ubuntu using following command.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
2. Install xrdp using following cmmand.
sudo apt-get install xrdp
3. Once installation is complete, restart teh xrdp service.
sudo /etc/init.d/xrdp restart
4. Create the user in ubuntu using following command.
sudo adduser enjay
5. Connect ubuntu machine from windows or rdp thin client machine.
And login user if screen come up blank so you have to do the additional step.
Go to Ubuntu machine and go to /home folder. there will list of user then Open /home/user
Create one file with name .xsession
and edit the file and type below line.
Then save the file and then connect user.