Mouse Cursor Issue with Windows 2012 RDP.
- Whenever we take the Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) of the Windows 2012 from any Linux machine , we can not see the mouse cursor.
- We can not change the background of rdp user session. Do not have option of Personalize.
- Go to Control Panel of Windows 2012 Server Machine.
- Open the Mouse option. Click on Pointers Tab
- In the bottom you can see the the Enable Pointer Shadow option.
- Uncheck this options.
- Click on Apply button and OK.
- You can see the Mouse cursor in rdp session.
- There is option in Rdp connection to change desktop Background. Uncheck that option so user can change the background.
- But when we right click on desktop to change background, we can not found the option Personalize to change desktop background.
- For that You have to install Desktop Experience Features in Server.
- Go to Server Manager -> Click ON Add Role and Features -> Before You begin. Next ->Installation Type. Click Next -->server Selection. Click Next. -> Server Roles Click Next. ->Features
- Select User Interfaces and Infrastructure (Installed). expand this Option.
- There is three Options available.
- Graphical management Tools and Infrastructure
- Desktop Experience
- Server Graphical Shell
- Check mark the option Desktop Experience.
- Click Next.
- Installed it and reboot the server.
- After reboot take the rdp connection with normal user and check.
- Now you can find the option personalize.
- You can change the desktop background.