How to Install Dot Matrix /LPT Printer in JetDirect Port Tornado Os?
· This is the desktop of Tornado OS.
· Double click on System Manager Icon.
You will get the System Manager.
· Click on Manage Printer.
· As you click on Manage Printer, You will get the following dialogue box.Screen-3
· Check mark on Jet-direct.
As you click on Jet-direct option, you will get the screen-4.
· Select on LPT Port and click on Activate button.
· If you have USB printer, select USB and click on Activate button.
· So you will get the following screen message.Screen-5
· LPT port activated.
· Click on OK button.
Server side Settings:
· There are some settings required on server side for jet-direct printing.
· Here we are taking TVS MSP 255 Dot matrix printer.
· First do the normal printer installation on your server.
· And also check the test print for driver compatibility.
· Now ,Click on start à Settingsà Printers and Faxes.
· Now here you can view the installed printer list.
· Right Click on TVS MSP 255.
· Now, Click on Properties.
Now Click on “Ports” Tab.
· Clink on “Add Port”.
Now Select Standard TCP/IP Port.
· Now Click on New Port.
· You will get the following Screen-
· Give the Thin client IP.
· Click on Next button.
· Now Select Standard.
· Select Hewlett Packard Jet Direct.
· Click on Next Button.
· As you click on Next button you will get the following screen.
· Just click on Finish button.
· Now you have Printer Port dialogue box.
· Click on Close Button.
· Now, You have printer proprieties dialogue box.
· Click on Apply & OK.
· Now, check the test print.
· If still not printing, keep the printer on and reboot the client machine and check test print.